The 6th International Symposium on Regional Air Quality Management in Rapidly Developing Economic Regions and the 2nd Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Air Forum (6RAQM) is going online for the very first time with free-of-charge participation arrangement due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With this special online conference setting, 6RAQM program will be shorter than before. Speakers of the 6RAQM main program are all by-invitation only, and participants (including students) are encouraged to submit an abstract for the selection of online poster presentations.
Authors of the selected posters could choose to embed a QR code hyperlinking to a pre-recorded short video or supplementing other multi-media illustrations for further content details. -- BEST PRESENTATION AWARDS will be given to the most outstanding poster presentations!
#digital poster session
#hyperlinking posters to short videos
#best presentation awards
6RAQM Theme & Background
Theme: Regional Air Quality Management & Co-control of Ozone & Particulate Matters - From Science to Policy: Challenges & Solutions Towards Cleaner Air
City lockdowns have led to a sizable improvement in air quality. And with the easing of COVID-19 pandemic, our social economic and environment conditions would resume to “normal” operations – Air pollution still poses a daily public health threat even though effective measures and stringent air pollution control policies have been promulgated in the jurisdictions that make up the Pearl River Delta region in recent years. Furthermore, elevated ozone levels are greatly affecting the whole region and is posing new threats and challenges to the region, and COVID-19 has brought the world new perspectives on air pollution and public health issues. What have we learned from all these trends and phenomena, and how could we act together to address all these challenges?
The International Symposium on Regional Air Quality Management in Rapidly Developing Economic Regions (RAQM) is a forum series for science-driven and policy-oriented discussion for improving air quality in economic regions. RAQM pursues the most advanced international and up-to-date knowledge in atmospheric environmental science in the context of improving China’s national and regional air quality.
6RAQM – Embarking on a New Milestone for the China National and GBA Clean Air Future
Following the success of the previous five symposiums, 6RAQM aims to foster timely discussions and effective cooperation in order to harness the golden opportunities presented by the GBA Plan. High-level exchanges between scientists, policymakers, environmental experts, and regional and overseas environmental protection stakeholders are expected at 6RAQM. Together, we aim to formulate ambitious programs for the GBA to clean air and improve public health within an aggressive timeline.
Your participation will greatly enhance the discussions, and we look forward to welcoming you at the 6RAQM events!
1. Regional Air Quality Management - Cooperation Opportunities Among Different Regions and/or Sectors
2. The Rising Photochemical Pollution Problem and Solutions: VOCs, Ozone and Fine Particulate Matters
3. Source, Transport, and Prediction of Air Pollutants
4. Exposure and Health Impact Assessments
5. New and Emerging Issues, including COVID-19 and Lessons Learned
- Institute for the Environment, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Hong Kong Institute of Qualified Environmental Professionals Limited
Institute for Environmental and Climate Research, Jinan University
Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Tsinghua University.
- Institute for the Environment, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Hong Kong Institute of Qualified Environmental Professionals Limited (HKIQEP)
- LAU Alexis - HKUST
- LOUIE Peter - Hong Kong Environmental Protection Department; HKIQEP; HKUST
- ZHENG Junyu Allen - Jinan University
- YUAN Zibing - South China University of Technology
- LOH Christine - Chief Development Strategist, Division of Environment & Sustainability, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- NG Jeanne - Chair, Hong Kong Institute of Qualified Environmental Professionals Limited
Presidium of Academic Committee Chair
- HAO Jiming - Tsinghua University, Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Representatives of Ministry of Ecology and Environment
- Representatives of Guangdong Ecology and Environment Bureau
- Representatives of Hong Kong SAR Government